New Blog!

If you've enjoyed reading about my experiences in Tanzania here, check out the new blog I've started on Wordpress as of November, 2017. It's called "Back to Tanzania" and you can read it here. All new adventures in Tanzania from an older, wiser, more experienced expat.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Another Book Set in Africa that I Liked

I recently read "Wildflower: An Extraordinary Life and Untimely Death in Africa." If you enjoy my blog, maybe you'd enjoy this book, too, although it's certainly more serious than my blog. It's a biography of a Kenyan woman who was murdered in her home. Here's my review from the Goodreads website.


Wildflower: An Extraordinary Life and Untimely Death in AfricaWildflower: An Extraordinary Life and Untimely Death in Africa by Mark Seal

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Very interesting biography of a white Kenyan of British descent who pined for her philandering ex-husband for years, then turned to environmental activism. Another story of how a well-meaning outsider can go off track and get in trouble. I always thought of that as a literary theme for novels about western expatriates in the developing world, but here, it's the real thing.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Loved the "human pork" comment and had to come over and say hello. Your photos are incredible. Kirstyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really enjoyed reading you for the first time, too and plan to come back...

    ReplyDelete